Winter Leadership Retreat
Check-in on Wednesday, Jan. 9 between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. Program will open at 10:30 a.m. and conclude on Friday, January 11 at 3:00 p.m.
The intensive experience, designed specifically for higher education leaders, will provide an opportunity to focus on higher education leadership skills and competencies in order for both you and your campus to enjoy Sustainability in Leadership.
Day One: Leading from the Inside Out – Knowing Yourself and Your Skills
- Higher Education Data Trends
- Communication and Personal Accountability
- Uncovering your Why: Discover your leadership values and voice
- Reflective Leadership: Why and how to be a mindful leader
Day Two: Leading High-Performing Teams – Knowing Your Team & Your Students
- Leading High-Performing Campus Teams
- Exerting Influence
- Strategic Leadership
- Using Emotional Intelligence to Lead in Higher Education
- Building a Sustainable Leadership Culture on Campus – Part I
Day Three: Leading Innovation – Knowing Your Institution & Context
- Building a Sustainable Leadership Culture on Campus – Part II
- Leading Academic Cultures of Innovation
- Leadership Goals & Action Plans
- Enjoy an intimate fireside chat with a campus president
- Expand your network and build relationships with new SUNY colleagues!
- Reflection & Rejuvenation
Recommended advanced reading:
Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead. Brown, Brene. Penguin Publishers.
Enjoy a fireside chat with a senior leader! This will be an opportunity to learn from and connect with an impactful higher education leader, and is always a high-note of SAIL programming. Prepare to leave inspired and ready to serve as an authentic leader.