Winter Leadership Retreat
Winter Leadership Retreat: Developing Higher Education Leaders
TBD – January 2019 – submit nomination now!
The Carey Institute
63 Huyck Rd
Rensselaerville, NY 12147
Spend 2.5 days expanding upon your ability to:
- Lead in Higher Education
- Lead High-Performing Teams
- Lead Academic Cultures of Innovation
The SUNY Institute for Academic & Innovative Leadership (SAIL) is pleased to offer a new Winter Leadership Retreat. The SAIL Institute is grounded on the concept that colleges and universities need leaders who are strategic and innovative as well as have a firm understanding of the special nature of the academic core of the institutions that they serve. The SAIL Institute seeks to advance understanding and development of the next generation of leaders in higher education, and we are calling on you to nominate the people from your campus that are/will be charged with these critical leadership roles.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for faculty and administrative staff at a higher education institution looking to expand their leadership skills. Are you preparing to move into or a new role or boost your ability to perform in your current position?
Design Principles and Program Benefits
- Heterogeneous, diverse participant group
- Facilitator-to-participant and participant-to-participant learning
- Small group discussion groups crafted to explore practical issues with accomplished and committed peer learners
- Retreat-like learning experience – “total immersion” setting and “safe space” for learning and reflection
- Open and honest exploration of “real world” challenges
- Participants will be able to see various campus functional areas. Higher education can be very siloed, and this experience has been designed to allow you to see perspectives through the eyes of your accomplished participant peers
- You will be welcomed into a network of more than 400 SUNY Leadership alumni
- Work through mini-case studies to solve real organizational challenges you are facing with your new network of participant peers
- Intimate fireside chats with senior leaders sharing their leadership journeys!
Registration fees are discounted for CPD members, and CPD points may be used to pay for this program.
$500 CPD member rate
$525 SUNY faculty/staff rate (non-CPD member rate)
$600 Non-SUNY rate
Room and board at The Carey Institute is $399 for the 2.5 days, and must be paid directly to them. You will want to provide them with your campus’ tax-exempt paperwork.
Please reach out directly to the SAIL Assistant Director, Carolyn Mattiske, with any questions about the retreat by phone at 518.443.5841 or email email@example.com.
Nominations were accepted through 11/30. Once your nominations are reviewed and accepted, you may register for the program and reserve your seat.
*Note: The SUNY CPD registration system is new, and requires users to create a profile before registering for their event.