Winter Leadership Retreat
Winter Leadership Retreat: Developing Higher Education Leaders
January 9-11, 2019 – submit nomination now!
RENSSELAERVILLE, NY The Carey Institute 63 Huyck Rd Rensselaerville, NY 12147
Spend 2.5 days expanding upon your ability to:
- Lead in Higher Education
- Lead High-Performing Teams
- Lead Academic Cultures of Innovation
The SUNY Institute for Academic & Innovative Leadership (SAIL) is pleased the second annual Winter Leadership Retreat. The SAIL Institute is grounded on the concept that colleges and universities need leaders who are strategic and innovative as well as have a firm understanding of the special nature of the academic core of the institutions that they serve. The SAIL Institute seeks to advance understanding and development of the next generation of leaders in higher education, and we are calling on you to nominate the people from your campus that are/will be charged with these critical leadership roles.
Who Should Attend? This program is designed for faculty and administrative staff at a higher education institution looking to expand their leadership skills. Are you preparing to move into or a new role or boost your ability to perform in your current position?
Design Principles and Program Benefits
- Heterogeneous, diverse participant group
- Facilitator-to-participant and participant-to-participant learning
- Small group discussion groups crafted to explore practical issues with accomplished and committed peer learners
- Retreat-like learning experience – “total immersion” setting and “safe space” for learning and reflection
- Open and honest exploration of “real world” challenges
- Participants will be able to see various campus functional areas. Higher education can be very siloed, and this experience has been designed to allow you to see perspectives through the eyes of your accomplished participant peers
- You will be welcomed into a network of 500+ SUNY Leadership alumni
- Intimate fireside chat with a senior leader sharing their leadership journey!
Registration fees are discounted for CPD members, and CPD points may be used to pay for this program.
$500 CPD member rate
$525 SUNY faculty/staff rate (non-CPD member rate)
$600 Non-SUNY rate
Please reach out directly to the SAIL Assistant Director, Carolyn Mattiske, with any questions about the retreat by phone at 518.445.4201 or email email@example.com.
Nominations will be accepted through 11/30 and then reviewed by a selection committee. Nominees will be notified of their acceptance status in early December. Acceptance letters will include the link to register for the program.
Accommodations at Carey Institute
Room and board at The Carey Institute total $399 for the 2.5 days, (includes a single overnight room on 1/9 & 1/10, all meals and beverages during the program and access to the meeting facilities and amenities) and should be paid directly to them.. You will want to provide them with your campus’ tax-exempt paperwork.
By registering for this program, your room reservations for 1/9 & 1/10 will be made through our master rooming list and there is no need to call them to make a reservation unless you are planning to travel in the day before the event and will need a room for the prior evening (1/8). The room rate for 1/8 is $115 (government rate) and those reservations should be made by reaching out to Kathe Bryan at KBryan@careyinstitute.org.
In addition to use of the meeting facilities, property WiFi and business room, retreat participants are encouraged to enjoy the snow shoeing/nature walking trails.