Leading your Campus through Change & Conflict
This one-day workshop will focus on the leadership skills needed in higher education to reorganize people when needed, create positive working cultures using straight talk, lean into difficult conversations and provide feedback. This session will explore the impacts of social media for leaders in an academic culture, and prepare you to lead a multi-generational workforce amidst a tidal wave of change.
From actively participating in this session, you will be able to:
- Lead your campus team through inevitable change in the higher education landscape;
- Confidently address conflicts with your team
- Lead with an accountability mindset
- Put these leadership skills into practice using a variety of real workplace situations;
- Plan actions and next steps for implementing key ideas and skills.
High-performing campus teams are led by people that have the skills to reorganize people, create positive working cultures using straight talk, lean into difficult conversations and provide feedback. This session will explore the impacts of social media for leaders in an academic culture, and prepare them to lead a multi-generational workforce amidst a tidal wave of change.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for faculty and administrative staff at a higher education institutions looking to expand their leadership skills.
This leadership development session will arm you with strategies to:
- Assemble high-performing teams, getting the right people in the right position;
- Create positive working academic cultures using straight talk;
- Lean into difficult conversations and provide critical feedback;
- Explore the impacts of social media for leaders in higher education; and,
- Engage a multi-generational workforce amidst a tidal wave of change.
This workshop will include:
- Large and small group discussions
- Integrated videos
- Research articles, websites, additional resources
Registration fees are discounted for CPD members, and CPD points may be used to pay for this training.
$199 CPD member rate
$225 SUNY faculty/staff rate (non-CPD member rate)
$295 Non-SUNY rate
*The registration fee includes lunch and beverages.
**Please note that SUNY’s Center for Professional Development manages event registration, and are now using a new registration system. Everyone must first create a user account with CPD before you can register for this event. If you have any trouble with the system, you may reach out to Michaela Rehm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.214.2418.
Date, Time, Location: This one-day workshop will be offered in Syracuse, Albany and NYC. The session runs from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., with a lunch included.
Syracuse – February 9, 2018
SUNY Center for Professional Development
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Albany – February 20, 2018
SUNY Plaza, Federal Building, Presidents Room
353 Broadway, Albany, NY
NYC – February 23, 2018
SUNY Global Center, Seminar Room 303
116 E 55th St.
New York, NY 10022
Leadership Development Associate
Alternatively, you may offer this workshop at your campus and train an unlimited number of participants without the need to travel.
$4,995 Private session (food and beverages not included) Or, if you would like a discount, allow us to open registration to other institutions and receive a $500 discount. $4,495
Call or email us to learn more and discuss the possibilities.
Carolyn Mattiske, Assistant Director
SAIL Institute for Academic & Innovative Leadership
The State University of New York
411 State St., Albany, New York 12203