Department Chair Summit
Multi-Campus | Engaged Learning | Leadership Development
About the Summit
- Immersive experience that meets leaders where they are and further advances their leadership skills.
- Opportunity to learn with colleagues across multiple campuses, disciplines, and experiences.
- Environment free from daily campus distractions allowing you to focus your leadership journey.
WHERE & WHEN:
Holiday Valley Conference and Resort Center (Western, NY – Ellicottville)
August 11-13, 2019
- Department chairs are one of the most important leadership roles on campuses, with responsibilty for up to 80% of administrative decisions on some campuses.
- The success of academic departments is critical to the teaching, research, and service missions of every college and university.
- The rapidly chaging external environment necessitates academic departments by more strategic and innovative.
- Many department chairs assume their role with limited prior leadership experience, and research suggests more needs to be done to build the leadership capacity of chairs.
Please reach out directly to the SAIL Associate Director, Carolyn Mattiske, with any questions about the retreat by phone at 518.445.4201 or email email@example.com.
*Note: The SUNY CPD registration system is still rather new and requires users to create a profile before registering for their event.