Leading High-Performing Teams
This one-day workshop will focus on the importance of assembling your team toward building sustainability. What do successful organizations have in common? In what ways could our team have a greater range of influence on our campus community? This leadership development workshop will explore these questions and many others.
From actively participating in this session, you will be able to:
- Assemble a plan for the future;
- Communicate the mission and vision and expand your influence;
- Connect decision making to the strategic plan;
- Identify systems thinking processes;
- Set expectations and keep accountability at the forefront;
- Become a more reflective practitioner and leader;
- Connect ideas to action;
- Inspire others in their leadership journey; and,
- Further discover your voice as a leader.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for faculty and administrative staff at a higher education institutions looking to expand their leadership skills. If you are charged with leading a team, department or campus group and are looking to get them to perform at their best, this workshop is for you! Improving your skills as a leader will inspire both you and the individuals on your team striving to achieve the team’s objectives.
This leadership program will arm participants with strategies for:
- Team building;
- Coaching your team;
- Creating an inclusive environment;
- Addressing the challenges facing higher education;
- Setting expectations and keeping accountability at the forefront; and
- Assessing and auditing programs for success.
This workshop will include:
- Reflective opportunities
- Research articles, websites, additional resources
- Small and large group activities
The Transformative CEO: Impact Lessons from Industry Game Changers (2012)
Date, Time, Location: This one-day workshop will be offered in three locations. All sessions run from 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., with a working lunch included.
ALBANY – October 3, 2017
SUNY Plaza, Federal Building, Large Courtroom
353 Broadway, Albany, NY
SYRACUSE – October 5, 2017
SUNY Center for Professional Development
East Syracuse, NY 13057
NYC – October 13, 2017
SUNY Global Center
116 E 55th St.
New York, NY 10022
Registration fees are discounted for CPD members, and CPD points may be used to pay for this training.
$245 CPD member rate
$265 SUNY faculty/staff rate (non-CPD member rate)
$295 Non-SUNY rate
*The registration fee includes lunch and beverages.
Alternatively, you may offer this workshop at your campus and train an unlimited number of participants without the need to travel.
$4,995 Private session (food and beverages not included) Or, if you would like a discount, allow us to open registration to other institutions and receive a $500 discount. $4,495
Call or email us to learn more and discuss the possibilities.
Carolyn Mattiske, Assistant Director
SAIL Institute for Academic & Innovative Leadership
The State University of New York
411 State St., Albany, New York 12203