Leading High-Performing Teams
This one-day workshop will explore what makes teams and higher education institutions influential and successful, and participants will gain the skills to lead their team toward excellence. What do successful organizations have in common? In what ways could your team have a greater range of influence on your campus community? This leadership development workshop will explore these questions and many others.
From actively participating in this session, you will be able to:
- Assemble a plan for the future;
- Communicate the mission and vision and expand your influence;
- Connect decision making to the strategic plan;
- Identify systems thinking processes;
- Set expectations and keep accountability at the forefront;
- Become a more reflective practitioner and leader;
- Connect ideas to action;
- Inspire others in their leadership journey; and,
- Further discover your voice as a leader.
This leadership program will arm participants with strategies for:
- Team building;
- Coaching your team;
- Creating an inclusive environment;
- Addressing the challenges facing higher education;
- Setting expectations and keeping accountability at the forefront; and
- Assessing and auditing programs for success.
This workshop will include:
- Reflective opportunities
- Research articles, websites, additional resources
- Small and large group activities
Participants are encouraged to read the following text in advance of the workshop:
The Transformative CEO: Impact Lessons from Industry Game Changers (2012)
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for faculty and administrative staff at a higher education institutions looking to expand their leadership skills. If you are charged with leading a team, department or campus group and are looking to get them to perform at their best, this workshop is for you! Improving your skills as a leader will inspire both you and the individuals on your team striving to achieve the team’s objectives.
Registration fees are discounted for CPD members, and CPD points may be used to pay for this training.
$245 CPD member rate
$265 SUNY faculty/staff rate (non-CPD member rate)
$295 Non-SUNY rate
*The registration fee includes lunch and beverages.
**Please note that SUNY’s Center for Professional Development manages event registration, and are now using a new registration system. Everyone must first create a user account with CPD before you can register for this event. If you have any trouble with the system, you may reach out to Michaela Rehm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.214.2418.
Date, Time, Location: This one-day workshop will be offered in three locations. All sessions run from 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., with a working lunch included.
No dates scheduled.
Dr. Scott Vinciguerra
Leadership Development Associate
Alternatively, you may offer this workshop at your campus and train an unlimited number of participants without the need to travel.
$4,995 Private session (food and beverages not included) Or, if you would like a discount, allow us to open registration to other institutions and receive a $500 discount. $4,495
Call or email us to learn more and discuss the possibilities.
Carolyn Mattiske, Assistant Director
SAIL Institute for Academic & Innovative Leadership
The State University of New York
411 State St., Albany, New York 12203